Shrimp the Coconut
Line a baking sheet with wax paper and set it aside.
- Whisk together 1/2 cup Coco House Coconut flour, beer, egg, and baking powder in a medium bowl until smooth. Place coconut flakes and remaining 1/4 cup Coco House Coconut flour in 2 separate bowls
- One at a time, hold shrimp by the tail and dredge in flour, shaking off excess. Dip in beer batter; allow excess to drip off. Roll in coconut, then place on the prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Heat Coco House Coconut oil in a large skillet to 350 degrees F / 175 degrees C.
- Working in batches. Fry shrimp in hot oil, turning once, until golden brown for about 2 to 3 minutes. Use tongs to remove shrimp to paper towels to drain.
- Enjoy the shrimps as an appetizer, starter or in your main course!
- 3 cups of Coco House Coconut oil (for frying) – you can either chose the Extra Vierge or the Refined RDB
- 3/4 cups of Coco House Coconut flour
2/3 cup beer
- 1 large egg
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups of flaked coconutµ
- 24 medium shrimps, shelled but with tails attached